DHS Parking Plan
1. Parents may pick up students near the gymnasium entrance at the end of the loop in the main parking lot. If this option is chosen, parents must enter and exit the property on Nutmeg Lane. Cars should maintain a single line in and out of the lot and not turn in the middle of the lot. Parents should exercise extreme caution and allow students to cross to the other side of the parking lot.
2. High School Lane will be one way leading into the school property only from 2:10 to 2:30 p.m. when school is in session. A single line must be formed on High School Lane. A police officer or campus monitor will be stationed at the loop end of High School Lane and will not permit any car to cross the double line and proceed in the left hand lane to enter the loop.
3. The speed limit on Darien High School property is 15 mph.
4. Drivers are asked to be very alert for pedestrians.
5. Drivers are asked to be patient and courteous at all times.
Yellow – Faculty/Staff Parking | Pink – Student (Senior) Parking | Turquoise – Visitor Parking
Parking on DHS grounds is a Senior Privilege- Juniors are reminded that driving to school is a senior privilege only. Violations of parking rules will result in loss of privilege or the student not being issued a parking permit until later in the student’s senior year.
SENIORS MUST HAVE THEIR PARKING STICKERS ON THEIR CAR.
– If you drive a different car you MUST come to the office and Mrs. Murphy will give you a TEMP pass.
SENIORS: 2010-2011 Parking application.
Make certain you meet all of the following criteria:
You must bring in a completed application form, a valid drivers license, the registration of the car you will be driving (one per person), and a check for $100. You will receive a card and a school monitor will put the sticker on your car.
No Parking at the Methodist Church - Students may not park in the Methodist Church Parking lot. The church needs the spaces for their pre-school and their insurance is only for cars parked for church activities. As was the case last year, the church will tow any cars that are illegally parked in their lot. If your car is towed from the lot, the name of the towing company is posted in the lot.
Gym Credits- In an effort to ensure that Darien High School students enter their senior year with the appropriate physical education credits necessary for graduation, all of next year’s seniors will be required to show evidence that they are up-to-date on their physical education credits prior to being issued a parking permit. At the end of 3rd quarter of their junior year, all students who are behind on their PE credits will be alerted with a letter from the guidance department. The letter will inform students that they are behind on PE credits, encourage a meeting with their guidance counselor, and provide some options on how to fulfill the PE requirements before the start of their senior year. Students who do not show evidence of having fulfilled those requirements will not be issued a parking sticker. This measure is being taken in order to help students get caught up on the state-mandated graduation requirement in physical education, before it is too late to do so. Please contact your guidance counselor if you have any questions or concerns.
RULES REGARDING STUDENT DRIVING AND USE OF PARKING FACILITIES
Any violation of the above rules may result in loss of driving privileges and/or school suspension.