Darien High School
Academics - Core Values and Beliefs
We, the members of the Darien High School community, believe that learning best occurs in an environment that is safe, supportive, respectful, and intellectually challenging for all students, one that promotes personal excellence through active, collaborative, and creative thinking; individual growth; and development of the skills and integrity necessary to become productive members of society.
Academics - 21st Century Learning Expectations
Darien High School students will:
1. think critically, creatively, collaboratively, and adaptively;
2. communicate effectively;
3. develop effective reading, research, and observation strategies;
4. demonstrate an awareness of multiple cultural and intellectual perspectives;
5. demonstrate personal responsibility and ethical decision-making;
6. lead healthy, balanced lives; and
7. positively and responsibly contribute to the school and larger communities.
First revision of NEASC Follow-Up Committee, March 2013
Community Council & Faculty Approval, April 2013