Middlesex Middle School
Department Mission Statement
It is the mission of the Middlesex Middle School Counseling Department to ensure that students are emotionally and psychologically available for learning. This involves creating and providing a safe, comfortable, tolerant, welcoming, and accepting environment that fosters educational and personal growth. This mission will be achieved in partnership with students, parents, teachers, administration, and community members to guarantee success.
School Counselors for the academic year: 2017- 2018
Ms. Sue MacIsaac
Grade 6 (A - M students)
(203) 655-2518 Ext. 3365
Mrs. Jenna Jennings
Grade 8 (I - Z students)
(203) 655-2518 Ext. 3219
Mrs. Monica Torrance
Grade 7 (E - S students)
(203) 655-2518 Ext 3262
Mr. Anthony Pavia
Grade 6 (N - Z students)
Grade 7 (A - D students
(203) 655-2518 Ext. 3258
Mr. Marc Power
Grade 7 (T - Z students)
Grade 8 (A - H students)
(203) 655-2518 Ext.3364
Mrs. Donna Young
(203) 655-2518 Ext. 3308
As Professional School Counselors, we work with students on an individual basis, in small groups and in their classrooms. The focus of the counseling program is on academic skills, career awareness, and personal/social skills. We also attend parent-teacher conferences.
Here are some reasons students might want to talk to the School Counselor:
- "I had an argument with my best friend and she doesn't want to be my friend anymore."
- "Some kids in my science class are talking about fighting after school."
- "My parents argue all the time and I don't know what to do."
- "My grandfather is really sick and I'm scared he's going to die."
- "My mom just had a baby and she doesn't have time for me anymore."
- "We're moving again!"
Here are some reasons parents might want to talk to the School Counselor:
- "This is John's third school this year, and he's having difficulty adjusting."
- "My husband is being deployed in two weeks and Carolyn may need some help coping with this change."
- "Sam used to be excited about school, but lately he doesn't seem to care."