Click below on each link to see the current bids/cost proposals in process for the district....
Please check bid pages for additional information and addenda as applicable.
INVITATION TO SUBMIT
Pursuant to the terms and conditions of this Request for Proposal ("RFP"), the Town of Darien (the "Town") Board of Education (the "Board") is seeking proposals for student transportation services beginning on July 1, 2018. The Board currently contracts with First Student, Inc for in-district, regular and special education transportation services.
Sealed Proposals will be accepted at Darien Board of Education, 35 Leroy Avenue, Darien, Connecticut, 06820, until February 15, 2018 at 2:00 PM EST. No extensions will be granted. All firms submitting proposals will be notified of the Board's decisions.
Sealed Proposals may be mailed or hand delivered to:
Darien Public Schools
Attn: Michael E. Feeney, Director of Finance and Operations
35 Leroy Avenue
Darien, CT 06820
Please direct any and all questions concerning this RFP to Michael E. Feeney via email at: firstname.lastname@example.org no later than February 2, 2018 at 12:00 PM EST.
Request for Proposal for Owner’s Representative
Darien High School Cafeteria Addition, Darien CT
The Town of Darien requests proposals for Construction Supervision Services from qualified and experienced firms/individuals for the construction of an addition to the Darien High School cafeteria at 80 High School Lane, Darien, CT.
Sealed proposals will be received by Mr. Michael Feeney, Director of Finance and Operations, Darien Public School, 35 Leroy Avenue, Darien CT 06820, up until 2:00 pm, Tuesday, November 7, 2017.
Interviews will take place on November 10, 2017.
On behalf of the Town of Darien, the Darien High School Cafeteria Building Committee is seeking Construction Supervision Services for the construction of an addition to and renovation of the existing High School cafeteria.
The existing cafeteria opened in 2005, and has a rated capacity of 304. The intention of this project is to increase the capacity to 420. This will be accomplished through a combination of the building addition, interior renovations and various types of new furniture. Several design schemes were reviewed by the Board of Education and the funding has been approved for this project. The cost of the project, not including soft costs/contingency and furniture is estimated at $1,311,558.00
The current project team consists of the Darien High School Building Committee, various school district administrators and the architect, KG&D Architects, 285 Main Street, Mt. Kisco, NY 10549.
The pre-construction phase of this project is anticipated to begin prior to November 16, 2018, which is scheduled as the beginning of Design Development cost estimating. This phase is broken into 2 sub-parts, review and bidding.
This Request for Proposals is for an Owners Representative who will have duties during the pre-construction phase, (Phase 1) and during the construction phase, (Phase 2). Most of the duties outlined during Phase 1 would typically be performed by a Construction Management firm, and most of the duties outlined in Phase 2 would typically be performed by a Clerk of the Works.
- November 16,2017 the Design Documents are ready for cost estimate
- December 8, 2017 review documents and adjust based on cost estimate
- January, 2018 project is bid out, receive bids by end of February
- March 2018, review bids, award by mid-March
- Permits applied for and received from Town, construction schedule approved
- April 2, 2018 construction begins
- August 17, 2018 project completed
Pre-Construction Phase Duties:
- Prepare or oversee the preparation of an independent cost estimate
- Prepare constructability and document review
- Contact potential bidders and solicit interest
- Assist the architect in administering all facets of the bidding process
Construction Phase Duties:
- Provide daily on site supervision
- Maintain daily log of all deliveries, work, events and occurrences.
- Keep track of all workers on site as part of the daily log
- Review contractor shop drawings and provide comments on conformance/non-conformance to the architect
- In addition to daily log, maintain job-site files, documents, reports
- Schedule and supervise the work of independent testing agencies
- Schedule and run all job site meetings involving owner, architect and contractors. Keep notes of meeting and distribute them prior to the next meeting.
- Submit weekly job reports to owner and architect.
- Assist in resolving on site issues with various contractors
- Administer photo identity badge system for all workers
- Maintain records of all safety meetings and “tailgate safety talks”
- Maintain proper site safety for workers, students, staff and public including but not limited to noise, dust control, contractor parking, construction site security
- Accompany the architect/engineer on any site visits
- Monitor construction schedule and report any variances to owner and Architect
- Monitor compliance with construction documents, report any deviation immediately to architect and owner. Keep photo logs and written documentation.
- Coordinate receiving of any samples,“as-builts” and shop drawings, insuring they are turned over to the architect in a timely manner.
- Review all contractor payment applications , (includes reviewing change orders) and make recommendations to the architect
- Assist the architect during the inspection for substantial completion and punch list preparation
- Coordinate furniture ordering, delivery and owner occupancy
- Coordinate receiving the O&M manuals and warranties
- Assist in project close out