The Darien Public Schools curriculum documents outline the PK-12 content across all areas and levels. The curriculum documents include essential understandings, along with goals and objectives.
Curriculum is created and aligned to national/state standards or frameworks, and is anchored in research & best practice. The goal is to provide assured opportunities for students to grow in content as well as the capacities of communication and critical, creative, and global thinking skills. Curriculum should reflect knowledge and understanding of students' developmental needs and differentiation. This means that curriculum maps, scope and sequence, and other aspects of curriculum are dynamic and responsive. Teacher feedback and reflection, along with student data and research drive curriculum updates.
- Christopher Tranberg, Assistant Superintendent of Curriculum and Instruction
- Felicia Bellows, Mathematics Department Chair, 6-12
- Gregory Darin, Technology Education Department Chair, 6-12
- Christian Dockum, Science Department Chair, 6-12
- Julie Droller, Director of Elementary Education
- Adam Hamor, World Language Coordinator, K-5
- Francis Janosco, English Department Chair, 6-12
- Keith Keeler, Social Studies Department Chair, 6-12
- Chris Manfredonia, Director of Athletics, Health & Physical Education, K-12
- Christina Mauricio, World Language Department Chair, 6-12
- Joan McGettigan, Ed.D., Director of Instructional Technology
- Katie Risk, Elementary Curriculum Coordinator
- Jaclyn Sammis, Visual Art Coordinator, K-12
- Colleen Thompson, Director of Music, K-12