Emily Merritt, FNP, MSN, RN
Director of Health Services
203-655-3981 ext. 2304 firstname.lastname@example.org
- MEDICATION FORMS CAN BE FOUND UNDER THE "FORMS" TAB.
HEALTH FORMS: PLEASE MAIL OR EMAIL ALL UPDATED HEALTH FORMS TO YOUR CHILD'S RESPECTIVE SCHOOL ATTN: SCHOOL NURSE. FORMS CAN BE FOUND UNDER THE "FORMS"
- Darien High School Health Office, 80 High School Lane, Darien, CT 06820
- Fitch Academy Health Office, 6 Thorndahl Circle, Darien, CT 06820
- Middlesex Middle School Health Office, 204 Hollow Tree Ridge Road, Darien CT 06820
- Hindley School Health Office, 10 Nearwater Lane, Darien, CT 06820
- Holmes School Health Office, 18 Hoyt Street, Darien, CT 06820
- Ox Ridge School Health Office, 385 Mansfield Avenue, Darien, CT 06820
- Royle School Health Office, 133 Mansfield Avenue, Darien, CT 06820
- Tokeneke School Health Office, 7 Old Farm Road, Darien, CT 06820
EMERGENCY CONTACT - It is essential that Parents/Guardians complete the emergency information for each child electronically via the ASPEN system upon enrollment, annually and throughout the year if contact/medical information changes. Parents/guardians must complete the ASPEN
medical emergency card in its entirety to provide:
- emergency contact information
- medical consent
- consent to release a child to another identified adult in event of illness or emergency in parent/guardian’s absence.
- HEALTH ALERTS - Please notify your school nurse directly if there is any change in your child's health or your health or you all a new health alert for your child on ASPEN. Thank you!
- The mission of the Health Services Department is to keep Darien students physically, mentally, and socially able to attend school in order to be educated, participate in athletics, extra-curricular programs, and student activities.
- The Health Services Department staff is comprised of school nurses, a nursing director, and a physician consultant.
- The nurses provide direct care as well as services that promote wellness, promote independence and self-care, encourage healthy choices, as well as prevent, identify, manage, and minimize health related barriers to each child’s education.
- The Director of Nursing Services is responsible for the planning, coordination, implementation and evaluation of the total school health program.
- The school nurse monitors that students have the necessary physical assessments and immunizations in order to attend school.
- The school nurse ensures that each student receives the necessary interventions ordered by practitioners that may be needed during school hours as well as performing state mandated health screenings such as vision, hearing and postural screenings.
- In addition school nurses manage matters pertaining to public health concerns that may arise in school such as contagious diseases.
For additional Information, please see the link below: