Wecolme to the Health Services Department home page. The mission of the Health Services Department is to support the physical, mental and social health of Darien students in order for them to participate in learning, extracurricular programs and student activities. The Health Services Department staff is comprised of a Director of Nursing Services, School Nurses and a District Medical Advisor.
The Director of Nursing Services is responsible for the planning, coordination, implementation and evaluation of the total school health program.
School nurses provide direct care and services that promote wellness, encourage positive health choices, skill students in self care, and identify, manage, minimize and/or prevent health related barriers to each child’s education. School Nurses ensure that students have the necessary physical assessments and immunizations in order to attend school. School Nurses take the lead in managing emergency health issues for both student and staff and manage matters pertaining to public health that occurs within school. Additional, School nurses screen students for vision, hearing and posture according to state mandates.
Emily Merritt, FNP, MSN, RN
Director of Nursing Services
203-655-3981 ext. 2304 firstname.lastname@example.org
- Darien High School Health Office, 80 High School Lane, Darien, CT 06820
- Fitch Academy Health Office, 6 Thorndahl Circle, Darien, CT 06820
- Middlesex Middle School Health Office, 204 Hollow Tree Ridge Road, Darien CT 06820
- Hindley School Health Office, 10 Nearwater Lane, Darien, CT 06820
- Holmes School Health Office, 18 Hoyt Street, Darien, CT 06820
- Ox Ridge School Health Office, 385 Mansfield Avenue, Darien, CT 06820
- Royle School Health Office, 133 Mansfield Avenue, Darien, CT 06820
- Tokeneke School Health Office, 7 Old Farm Road, Darien, CT 06820
- Links to forms including Health Assessment Records, Allergy care plans, Permission to Administer Medication forms can be found under the "FORMS" tab.
- Please mail or email all updated health forms to your child's respective school Attn:School Nurse.
For additional Information, please CLICK the link below:
EMERGENCY CONTACT - It is essential that Parents/Guardians complete the emergency information for each child electronically via the ASPEN system upon enrollment, annually and throughout the year if contact/medical information changes. A completed medical emergency card in ASPEN
includes: emergency contact information, medical consent and consent to release a child to another identified adult in event of illness or emergency in parent/guardian’s absence.
- HEALTH ALERTS - Please notify your school nurse directly if there is any change in your child's health or your health or you all a new health alert for your child on ASPEN. Thank you!