Student Registration Process
The Darien Family Connection provides an online registration process, which allows families to register new students online. Student registration forms can be saved and edited until parents choose to submit the data. Once submitted, the new student registration information will still be available for viewing; however, you will not be able to edit after submitting. Parent/guardian information will automatically populate for families who have a student currently or previously enrolled in the Darien Public Schools.
Required Documents to Upload
- Deed if you own your home, Assessor Field Card or contract if in the process of buying (See instructions below on how to obtain an Assessor Field Card)
- Signed copy of current lease agreement if you are leasing a home
- A photo ID (CT driver license or State ID) showing current Darien address
- Two secondary proofs of residence in the form of a utility bill as follows: Telephone, electric, gas, oil, cell, or cable
Health Assessment and Immunization Records completed and signed by Health Care Provider (click here for additional information on health requirements and FAQs)
Child’s Birth Certificate (official document with seal)
- Medication Authorization Form (If applicable)
- A copy of the custody agreement if separated or divorced of who has custody (If applicable)
Documentation to Support Proof of Residency (Assessor Field Cards)
1. This site provides access to the assessment office property records database in the Town of Darien, Connecticut. You can access these records by providing your Address of Residence in Darien.
2. Click on Search by Address
3. Box on top of screen – enter Street Name. You do NOT need to enter the words: Road, Avenue, Drive, etc.
4. Select your property from list To PRINT FIELD CARD – See Instructions in RED on lower right side of screen:
a. “To PRINT FIELD CARD click on Generic PRC, then click GO.”
b. Generic PRC is found on the right side, mid-screen under the REPORTS box.
A 3-page document of the Assessor’s Field Card, reflecting the address, current owner’s name and sales history can then be printed.
How to Scan a Document using a device
The following are 2 free apps you can choose and download to easily scan documents:
1. Genius Scan
Or you can use the following steps on your iPhone or Android to scan:
How to translate Family Connections to a different language
Ex: Cómo traducir Family Connections a un idioma diferente
1. Open Google Chrome as your web browser. Abre Google Chrome como tu navegador web.
2. Using the mouse, right click on the page. Con el ratón, haga clic derecho en la página.
3. A popup window appears. Select from the menu "Translate to". Aparece una ventana emergente. Seleccione del menú "Traducir a".