Holmes Elementary School
Welcome to Holmes School!
We are happy that you took the time to visit us and we hope that you will spend some time browsing our site and learning more about who we are and what we do!
Holmes School is one of five elementary schools located in the town of Darien, Connecticut. It is a vibrant, neighborhood school that currently houses approximately 470+ students in kindergarten through fifth grade.
Our staff members are passionate about providing a rigorous, exciting educational experience for our students. Each day, teachers strive to match scientifically research-based instructional strategies to the educational needs of each individual child in order to ensure that they are progressing toward their learning goals. Our curriculum embraces:
- an emphasis on higher-order, inquiry-based thinking
- real-world experiences that provide meaning for academic tasks
- collaboration with adults and peers in the learning environment
- a responsibility to learning, to oneself, and to the community
- opportunities to reflect on one’s strengths and areas for growth and,
- the value of choice in supporting engagement in the learning process
The Holmes Parent Teacher Organization (PTO) is also dedicated to supporting the values of community. Our parents generously volunteer their time to provide programs and events which enhance and enrich our children’s educational experience. This partnership allows the adults in our community to work collaboratively toward meeting the needs of our students.
Open communication between school and families is a vital component of our school. We encourage parents to work closely with staff members to ensure a happy, successful school experience. Please feel free to contact your child’s teacher or either of us if you have any questions or concerns throughout the school year!
With warm regards,
Paula Bleakley, Principal
Alex Harvey, Assistant Principal